Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July on the Kelso Ridge

Torreys Peak (14,267ft) and Grays Peak (14,270ft).



5:52am on July 4th, 2013. Today I would climb my first two Colorado 14ers. Torreys Peak (right) and Grays Peak (left). And yes, as the name of this blog implies, I did crush them!



Did I mention that this hike was at sunrise? This view is looking back down the valley.


At the base of the Kelso Ridge. My first Class 3 Scramble in Colorado. Looked like fun to me!


Super fun and not too challenging Class 3 that would be good for a beginner to gain confidence on.


2 hours and 12 minutes later I was on the summit of Torreys Peak (14,267 ft.) and ready to, "...we're going to live on, we're going to survive. Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"


Looking across the saddle to Grays. About to get another one...


...21 minutes later on the Summit of Grays Peak (14,270ft).



 Super vibrant flower shot on the way down the mountain! Spending the 4th of July on a solo mission to summit these two Colorado 14ers was an incredible experience that provided a wonderful opportunity to challenge myself physically, self-reflect, and be in a place of raw natural beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment